Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Diary....I hate reading!

.....So, three weeks in to my new post surrounded by media, magazines and fiction I am searching for the perfect book to engage stroppy teenage girls in reading rather than blusher...Here goes this week's reading list...

The Carrie Diaries By Candace Bushnell
Published By : Harper Collins Children's Books



"Before Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw was a small town girl who knew she wanted more. She's ready for real life to start, but first she must navigate her senior year of high school. Up until now, Carrie and her friends have been inseparable."

Need By Carrie Jones 
Published By: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC  



"Zara collects phobias the way other high school girls collect Facebook friends. It's little wonder, since she's had a fairly rough life. Her father left when she was a baby, her stepfather just died and her mother's almost given up - in fact, she's sent her to live with her grandmother in cold and sleepy Maine to 'keep Zara safe'."


My Name is Mina By David Almond 
Published By Hodder Children's Books


"There’s an empty notebook lying on the table in the moonlight. It’s been there for an age. I keep on saying that I’ll write a journal. So I’ll start right here, right now. I open the book and write the very first words: My name is Mina and I love the night. And so Mina writes and writes in her notebook, and through her stories, thoughts, lessons and dreams, Mina's journal and mind grow into something extraordinary."

Winner of the Carnegie Medal and the Whitbread Children's Book Award. David Almond is also winner of the 2010 Hans Christian Andersen award...always popular with teenagers.

Buy all of these books HERE 

No comments: