Monday, September 05, 2011

Where Shall We Eat....?

...It's the age old question between lovers, friends and business partners when a lunch time meeting is planned, a girls' evening is long overdue or you have that all important first date to plan.


Not forgetting all the other times when messing up the kitchen just seems totally pointless when there are so many scrumptious restaurants cooking up culinary masterpieces. My signature pasta and tomato ketchup or jacket spud just don't cut it when I could be tucking in to a dish from one of my favourite eateries.


As a slightly (okay, very!) fussy vegetarian, eating out has the potential for disaster, especially in the said 'date' situation. One has the potential to seem 'slightly' neurotic, studying the menu harder than I studied for my degree, then precdeeding to order a 'bespoke' meal, much to the chef's delight.


However, after living in North London for a number of years I found a selection of cafes and restaurants which I swore by for all social occasions...You need to book a table at each, seriously! 


I'll divulge and share my favourite parts of each of their menus later, but the top three have to be...

Carluccio's
305-307 Upper Street, London,  N1 2TU | Tel: 020 7359 8167 | Fax: 020 7354 9196

S & M Cafe 
4-6 Essex Road, Islington, London, N1 8LN | Telephone: 020 7359 5361

Ottolenghi
287 Upper Street, London N1 2TZ | Tel: 020 7288 1454

*Nom, Nom and more Nom*




No comments: